||About Sessions & Speakers
About the Basic Economic Development Course
The Basic Economic Development Course is designed to provide an understanding of the basic concepts, theories, methods and practice will be taught by professionals who have earned the CEcD designation and members of the University of Wisconsin Extension Center for Community and Economic Development.
Who Should Attend?
Economic developers, public officials, and others involved in economic development who want and intensive "basic" overview of economic development concepts, methods, strategies and practices.
What will be covered:
- What is economic development and what is the role of an economic developer
- Managing a local economic development organization
- Growing from within - small business development & entrepreneurship.
- Marketing & attraction
- Community & neighborhood development Strategic planning for economic development
- Workforce Development Business Finance
- Real estate development & reuse
Features of 2017 year’s course include:
- Small class size to accommodate interactive and group learning
- Opportunities to learn from experienced economic developers from around the state and country.
Registration Information for the Basic Economic Development Course
The course is accredited by the International Economic Development Council. It fulfills one of the prerequisites for those who wish to take the examinations for the Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) designation.
2017 Registration: $650.00
Course Materials, plus Meals and refreshments: Monday dinner, Tuesday breakfast & lunch, Wednesday breakfast & lunch, Thursday breakfast and daily refreshments.
The course is tentatively scheduled to begin mid- afternoon on Monday, September 12 and end at 12:30 on Thursday, September 12. In order to receive full IEDC certification credit for this course and a certificate indicating course completion, participants must attend the entire course and stay through the final session on the last day.
COURSE REFUND POLICY:
If we receive your cancellation prior to 8-25-2017 we will refund 100% of your registration fee. If we receive your cancellation between 8-26-16 and 9-4-2016 you will receive a 90% refund. If we receive your cancellation after 9-3-17 you will receive a 75% refund.