Hamilton Group Consulting
As the Senate and Assembly wrap-up their work for the year, it's important to reflect back on the first half of the 2013-2014 legislative session. WEDA achieved major successes in 2013, from successfully pushing for the state to create a venture capital fund to making the case for an increase to the Historic Preservation Tax Credit. It is thanks to you that WEDA was able to accomplish what it did and is poised for even more success in 2014.
In this issue:
- Middle East Trade Venture Can Open Doors for Wisconsin Businesses
- State Tax Credits Help Pave the Way for Amazon Distribution Center
- Certified Site Program Pays Dividends in Stevens Point
- Minority Businesses Honored for Achievements
- Downtown Programs Earn Recognition
- Did You Know?
WI Economic Development Institute News
Roger Nacker, President, WEDI
In this issue:
- Monthly job posting characteristics by Job Center of Wisconsin Metrics
- New Wisconsin Land Use & Planning Law
- Trends in Small Business Financing Sources, a summary by Deseret News
- Sustainable Zoning in Wisconsin Cities in Land Use Tracker
- USDA Guide to FSA Farm Loans
- Accessing the U.S. Capital Markets, a basic primer
- New Pathways to Scale for Community Development Finance, by the Aspen Institute
February 11 - 13, 2014
Monona Terrace Community & Convention Center
Membership 2014 Renewal
To Renew your membership:
If you would like your invoice emailed or mailed to you, please email email@example.com.
- Log In to the WEDA member section.
- User Name: @@username@@
- If you have not changed your password: weda2012 or weda2013
- Go to Manage Profile
- Under the Invoicing, Payment & History, click on Membership
- You may print out your invoice or renew online with a credit card, Securely renew your membership now
- Please review and update your contact information, Information & Settings
Corporate Sponsor Spotlight
Madison Region Economic Partnership (MadREP) is the lead economic development agency for the eight-county Madison Region with a vision to create a dynamic environment where people and businesses thrive. MadREP's mission is a five-plank platform, which includes:
- Advance economic competitiveness
- Advance innovation and entrepreneurship
- Advance human capital
- Advance the Madison Region's story
- Advance regional cooperation, leadership and diversity
WEDA Members in the News
- Anna Schramke, CEcD, named Business Services Coordinator at Southwest Wisconsin Workforce Development Board.
- Jim Mishefske selected as new State SBDC Director
Best Practices: Food Enterprise Center
The Food Enterprise Center in Viroqua creates amazing opportunities for food entrepreneurs and social investors by providing infrastructure for innovative food and wellness/exercise-related businesses to startup and expand.
In July 2009, Vernon Economic Development Association acquired a vacant 100,000 square-foot manufacturing facility and established a multi-tenant aggregation, storage, processing and distribution center to expand business capacity, increase revenue for area producers and create at least 85 food cluster industry jobs in the Vernon County region.